LAST UPDATED September 14, 2019
Anita For Arizona may modify this Policy from time to time so we encourage you to check this page when revisiting the Sites to make sure that you are informed of how your personal information will be used. We will post notice of any changes by revising the date last updated on the Policy. By using or accessing the Sites, you accept the Policy and its terms and conditions in effect at that time.
WHAT IS PERSONAL INFORMATION?
“Personal Information” is information about a particular individual that specifically identifies that individual, or information about that individual, such as name, address, email address, telephone number, or credit or debit card information. Personal Information does not include “aggregate information,” which is data we may collect automatically about the use of the Sites. The Policy does not restrict Anita For Arizona’s collection and use of aggregate information.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect Personal Information that you provide to us when you register, send us an email, sign up to receive email or text messages, sign up to volunteer, fill out a form, make a purchase or donation, communicate with us through third-party social feeds, request information, participate in active forums or take any other action on the Sites. As required by the Federal Election Commission (FEC), we must also collect and disclose the name, address, occupation, and employer of all donors whose donations exceed $200 during the election cycle. We may also obtain information from outside sources and combine it with the information we collect through the Sites. We will never knowingly collect, use or disclose Personal Information from anyone under the age of 13, consistent with the United States Federal Children’s Online Privacy Act of 1998 (COPPA). If you have any reservations, questions or concerns about your child’s access to the Sites or how information that your child provides is used by us, please contact us.
We may automatically collect information when you visit the Sites such as the Internet Protocol (IP) address, the browser and operating system you use, the name of the domain and host from which you access the Internet, the address of the website from which you linked to the Sites, device identifiers and mobile and network information, and your actions on the Sites. This information will be treated as Personal Information if we combine or link it to any of the identifying information above. Otherwise, this information constitutes aggregate information.
Our web servers may also collect “log data.” Log data provides aggregate information about the number of visits to different pages on the Sites. We use log data for troubleshooting purposes and to track which pages people visit in order to improve the Sites. We do not link log data collected to Personal Information. Third-party vendors may also collect aggregate log data independently from us.
COLLECTION FROM OTHER SOURCES
This Policy also applies to Personal Information that we may obtain from third-party vendors such as search engines or social media sites. However, we are not responsible for the content or privacy policies of these third-party vendors. We encourage you to read the privacy policies and review the practices of all websites you visit.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use your Personal Information for various purposes including to:
- Connect you to Anita For Arizona programs, events and activities, and obtain and confirm RSVP’s to events and programs;
- Improve, maintain, and operate the Sites, send you receipts, confirmations, updates, notices, and messages regarding support and administration;
- Provide and deliver news and information we think will interest you, such as information about relevant issues, resources, events, campaigns, events, and promotions.
- Respond to your emails, requests, comments, submissions and questions, and provide customer service, request feedback and otherwise communicate with you regarding your use of the Sites;
- Help connect you with other Anita For Arizona supporters, and to solicit donations, support and volunteers;
- Monitor and analyze trends and site usage and provide features and content that match your interests based on the information you provide and your actions on the Sites;
- For any other purpose for which the information was collected; and
- Contact you if required by Federal election laws.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Though we make every effort to preserve your privacy, we may share Personal information as follows:
- When we have a good-faith belief that release is appropriate to comply with the law (for example, a lawful subpoena);
- To protect the rights or property or safety of our supporters, employees, volunteers or others;
- With vendors, service providers, consultants, employees, contractors, or volunteers who need to know such information to carry out their duties;
- With groups, causes, organizations, or candidates we believe have similar views, goals, and principles;
- To report your name, address, occupation, employer and amount contributed if your donation exceeds $200, as required by the FEC;
- To comply with applicable laws, statutes, or regulations and to enforce this Policy; and
- With your consent.