I support health for all. We must protect against the attacks on our health care, while also fighting for a future where people are the priority, not profits. My family knows the pain of the system today. Due to a catastrophic health event, we are dealing with over $200K in medical debt despite having insurance. Watch our story.
We must expand the ACA to cover more people and reduce costs immediately, while building out a Medicare-for-All system. We must move away from employer-based coverage. If politically it can happen quickly, I am all in. If not, due to the political divide, I will continue to fight for progress on health care every day by working to:
- Allow anyone to buy into Medicare immediately.
- Automatically enroll newborns in Medicare.
- Strengthen Medicare to include dental and vision.
- Strengthen pre-existing protections.
- End surprise billing.
- Lower prescription drug prices.
- Expand coverage and resources around mental and behavioral health.
- Establish an independent national health data repository sharing system across states to improve efficiency and quality of care.