I support universal health care such as Medicare-for-All. We must offer solutions for building toward it by expanding out the ACA to cover more people and reduce costs immediately, while creating a path toward a Medicare-for-All system.
- Lower the age to automatically qualify for Medicare.
- Strengthen pre-existing protections.
- Expand coverage and resources around mental and behavioral health.
- Establish an independent national health data repository sharing system across states to improve efficiency and quality of care.
- Allow Medicare to negotiate drug prices, medical devices and equipment while strengthening existing negotiation protections for other public programs.