I support health for all. We must protect against the attacks on our health care, while also fighting for a future where people are the priority, not profits. My family knows the pain of the system today. Due to a catastrophic health event, we are dealing with over $200K in medical debt despite having insurance. Watch our story.
We must move away from employer-based coverage to guaranteed health care for all. Tying insurance to employers puts us at incredible risk, and it doesn’t align with today’s economy. However, if we’re unable to pass a Medicare-for-All solution now, I’ll take meaningful, urgent steps to build the foundation for true universal health care. I will continue to fight for progress on health care every day. If we can’t move on Medicare for All, due to a political divide, I will work to:
- Allow anyone to buy into Medicare immediately.
- Automatically enroll newborns in Medicare.
- Strengthen Medicare to include dental, vision and hearing care.
- Strengthen pre-existing protections.
- End surprise billing.
- Lower prices on prescription drugs, medical devices and equipment.
- Expand coverage and resources around mental and behavioral health.
- Establish an independent national health data repository sharing system across states to improve efficiency and quality of care.
- Cover deductibles and premiums during the crisis.
- Increase Medicaid funding to care for the vulnerable, elderly and disabled.