The jobs of today aren’t guaranteed to be here tomorrow. As a country, we must look forward. We must create well-paying jobs in emerging industries and in sectors proven to benefit local communities.
As a tech executive and small business owner, I recognize that every issue is a jobs issue. With each piece of legislation we must ask ourselves how it will affect jobs. I believe, without hesitation, that workers always deserve a seat at the table.
I will introduce a comprehensive and innovative jobs plan, designed to target growth where it is most needed, expand innovation, unite community resources and ultimately create well-paying, secure jobs that move us forward.
I will also fight to preserve our wealth, as I know this is an economic, social and moral issue.
The distribution of wealth in our country shows an alarming divide. Income hasn’t kept up with the cost of living out the most basic version of the American Dream.
Reports show that working full time at minimum wage isn’t enough to afford rent on a basic apartment anywhere. More than 4 million homeowners are still underwater. And the average cost of childcare for kids up to 4 years old is sometimes more than the average cost of in-state college tuition.
Meanwhile, our tax code favors only those who earn the most.
An economy built on struggling, overworked and overstressed workers is not an economy that works for all of us. It cannot thrive, it cannot innovate. It cannot survive.
- Protecting and promoting home ownership.
- Lifting the cap on taxable income for Social Security, to strengthen and protect the program.
- Universal quality early education and childcare programs. Every family deserves the benefit of early education during a child’s most formative years.
- Simplifying our tax code for families and small businesses.
- Creating well-paying jobs built for the future by promoting innovation.
- Raising the minimum wage and tying it to inflation.
- Investments in low-income areas with interest-free loans for new business owners. The opportunity to create personal wealth is a family's way out of the cycle of poverty.
No one should ever have to choose between housing, childcare, health care or food.
We are spending more to protect our health than ever before, but we aren’t any better off. Emergency and chronic medical expenses are burdening families with debt. Preventive solutions aren’t universally available and new innovation is largely underfunded or over burdened by regulations.
Health care is a right we must protect. No one should ever have to decide if they can afford to seek treatment or not.
I believe it is our moral responsibility to provide quality, low-cost coverage for every American.
We must immediately take smart steps toward a strong universal system so everyday Americans aren’t left behind because of politics.
Let’s expand our coverage, modernize our health care system, and strengthen our current foundation with these steps.
- Combining the strengths and administrative aspects of our current government health care programs such as Medicare, Medicaid, VA, and CHIP to increase their efficiency and longevity.
- A Medicare buy-in at age 55, a pool that I favor expanding over time. With each new pool added, we are proving out and getting closer to a single-payer system.
- Standardizing our health care rates to ensure fair prices.
- Negotiating drug prices.
- Initiating a program that focuses on wellness and preventive care.
- Proven alternative medicine.
- Investments in blockchain technology to reduce administrative costs and ensure privacy.
We are all immigrants. One of us is no different than the other, except for how long our families have called America home. Our current immigration system has forgotten this.
- Policies that unite families and bring diverse talent to our country.
- A swift path to citizenship for Dreamers.
- Supporting and protecting migrant workers and ensuring they are paying their fair share of taxes.
Public schools are the foundation of our success, yet they are severely underfunded here in Arizona and across the country.
Our community’s financial security depends on the education of our children. If we want to attract innovation and high-paying jobs to the Valley of the Sun, we must invest in our future talent.
Public schools are already struggling, and now we must also battle against Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos’ mission to shift federal funding away from public schools into voucher programs to support for-profit and religious schools.
- I will defend our public schools so our children have the skills to compete in the global economy.
- I will fight for free and affordable post-secondary educational options including trade programs.
- I will stand up for refinance programs for outstanding college debt.
This issue reaches far beyond abortion to one deep and pressing question: Do we value the lives of women?
Because I believe we should value the lives of women, I support a woman’s right to make decisions about her body — from contraception and reproductive health to family planning and termination.
This means I believe in science-based sex education, affordable contraception availability, affordable wellness and maternity care for women, and access to safe and legal abortions.
Our government lacks the spirit of innovation. We are lagging behind, slow to adapt to and adopt modern technologies. I will work to bring the notable advances of the private sector to the public sector and to educate representatives and voters on innovative tech solutions.
- I will explore how blockchain technologies can be used to make our cities smarter, safer and more efficient while clarifying and simplifying current laws affecting the technology.
- I will work to expand public wi-fi. Information is the great equalizer and we must expand access to it.
- Net Neutrality must be protected.
When broadband companies are granted the power to speed up, slow down, censor or block certain sites, we lose a crucial part of our democracy. Our ability to access and share information online can’t be dictated by a handful of pay-to-play entities.Net Neutrality propels innovation, grants us a balanced choice of media and means social movements have an organic platform.
I support a free and open internet.
Research shows that female managers are highly effective; women CEOs deliver strong returns, yet women continue to fight to be equal at work.
Female college graduates earn an average of $10,400 less than males when starting their careers, and the divide continues all the way up the ladder.
This is not a feminist issue. Closing the pay gap is an economic and social issue that impacts our ability to succeed as a country. Women are leaving the workforce at an alarming rate. This is not talent we can afford to lose.
I will stand up for equal pay.
99% of scientists agree, our climate is changing and humans are the cause. The environment is shared by us all and it is our collective responsibility to protect it for future generations.
- I will defend marginalized communities who too often bear the brunt of environmental degradation.
- I will expand the use of and increase investments in renewable energy.
- I will never support fracking and never put corporate profits ahead of the health of our state and our protected lands.
We can and must be consistent with the Second Amendment and still protect our families from senseless violence. This protects responsible gun owners just as much as it does everyone. Let’s protect our rights by making sure they aren’t abused.
- I will fight for background checks for every person and every transaction, no excuses.
- I will work to end loopholes at gun shows for third party sellers.
- I will stand up to ban weapon accessories and augmentation that allow criminals to legally go around the law and endanger our families.
Our democracy can’t be for sale. The voice of the wealthiest cannot outweigh the voice of the rest of us combined.
I support overturning Citizens United and eliminating super PACs.
But that is not enough to preserve our Democracy.
- I will work to protect and expand voter rights and improve accessibility.
- I will work to ensure voting booths are secure from hacks by investing in encryption and blockchain technologies.
- I will fight for transparency so voters always know who is truly paying for the ads they see.
I will fight to end corruption and corporate influence over politicians and our political system.
Who we love should never divide us. The government shouldn’t get to decide what we do with our families.
- Equal marriage rights including adoption, health care benefits and hospital visitation.
- Protections for transgender people from discrimination and violence.
- Ensuring schools are safe for kids, no matter how they identify.
- Strengthening the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Policies that provide equal access, prohibit discrimination, encourage hiring and provide quality, affordable health care for those with disabilities.
Withdrawing from the Iran Nuclear deal undermines American credibility on the international stage; it reinforces a narrative of distrust against the United States and any of our future commitments; and escalates tensions in an already tense region.
I support the Iran Deal (JCPOA) because
- It deescalates regional tensions and allows for dialogues between the United States, our allies and Iran to continue.
- The international community and its institutions, including the IAEA, the United States, and the majority of its allies have consistently verified Iran’s commitment to the deal.
- The United States must continue its global role in reducing and eliminating the world’s nuclear stockpiles.
As Americans, we should stand for peace at home and around the world. That means:
- I support peace and reconciliation committees and other peace-building initiatives.
I believe we should end the federal prohibition of marijuana and allow states to decide for themselves how to best regulate its use and sale. States that have legalized and regulated have seen economic boons and reductions in crime.
- We should support federal marijuana reform that allows states to decide for themselves how to regulate the taxation and sale of recreational marijuana. The federal government should not interfere.
- We should legalize medical marijuana nationwide. No person should be denied the medicine they need because of outdated laws.
- We must allow legal marijuana businesses to utilize traditional financial tools and banks to run their businesses.
Our veterans have fought hard to keep our country safe. They’ve taken care of our families and sacrificed their own well-being for the sake of ours. Now, it’s imperative we take care of them.
- Combining administration of our single-payer medical systems — VA, CHIP, Medicare and Medicaid. One administration entity with several branches will be more efficient to operate than separate entities as they currently are. This means we can use that money to hire new doctors, open additional clinics, and increase the rate of inspectors.
- A program that surveys veterans about how the VA should be improved.
- H.R. 5593 which protects veteran spouses who entered without authorization, to pursue a legal path to permanent residency.
- An individual’s preference to choose their own doctor — an expansion of the Obama-era program to give veterans who want to go elsewhere a stipend to do so.
- Providing better mental health care, comprehensive reentry programs and affordable housing options.