Creating Health, Wealth & Prosperity for All of Us
We are only as wealthy as the money we are able to keep. In today’s America, if you aren’t part of the billionaire class, the amount you can hold on to is dwindling.
We are working harder than ever before, but for Arizonans and millions across America, our wealth is disappearing.
In fact, in a 2017 survey, 78% of full-time workers said they were living paycheck-to-paycheck, and 71% said they are in debt.
Our finances are over burdened with the rising costs of health care, childcare and education. We are living in anxious times, but the current administration has shown they have no intention of solving our real problems.
Thankfully, we can rise above the noise and work together to help the people of Arizona and this country thrive again. We can bring back security and stability for the future, for all of us.
Here's what I will do to help create the economy of the future and build a healthier America:
Building an Economy of the Future
The jobs of today aren’t guaranteed to be here tomorrow. As a country, we must look forward. We must create well-paying jobs in emerging industries and in sectors proven to benefit local communities.
As a tech executive and small business owner, I recognize that every issue is a jobs issue. With each piece of legislation we must ask ourselves how it will affect jobs. I believe, without hesitation, that workers always deserve a seat at the table.
I will introduce a comprehensive and innovative jobs plan, designed to target growth where it is most needed, expand innovation, unite community resources and ultimately create well-paying, secure jobs that move us forward.
I will also fight to preserve our wealth, as I know this is an economic, social and moral issue.
The distribution of wealth in our country shows an alarming divide. While many families struggle to find jobs and make ends meet, the wealthiest are paying too little.
Income hasn’t kept up with the cost of living out the most basic version of the American Dream.
Reports show that working full time at minimum wage isn’t enough to afford rent on a basic apartment anywhere. More than 4 million homeowners are still underwater. And the average cost of childcare for kids up to 4 years old is now more than the average cost of in-state college tuition.
Meanwhile, our tax code favors only those who earn the most.
An economy built on struggling, overworked and overstressed workers is not an economy that works for all of us. It cannot thrive, it cannot innovate. It cannot survive.
- Raising the minimum wage.
- Protecting and promoting home ownership.
- Lifting the cap on taxable income for Social Security to above $250,000. The wealthy can and should pay their fair share and help us preserve and expand the program.
- Universal quality early education and childcare programs. Every family deserves the benefit of early education during a child’s most formative years.
- Simplifying our tax code for families and small businesses.
- Creating well-paying jobs built for the future by promoting innovation.
No one should ever have to choose between housing, childcare, health care or food.
Preserving Our Health
We are spending more to protect our health than ever before, but we aren’t any better off. Emergency and chronic medical expenses are burdening families with debt. Preventive solutions aren’t universally available and new innovation is largely underfunded or over burdened by regulations.
Health care is a right we must protect. No one should ever have to decide if they can afford to seek treatment or not.
I believe it is our moral responsibility to provide quality, low-cost coverage for every American.
We must build a system that advocates for preventive medicine and provides comprehensive coverage for all of us.
Immigration Policies that Work
We are all immigrants. One of us is no different than the other, except for how long our families have called America home. Our current immigration system has forgotten this.
- Policies that unite families and bring diverse talent to our country.
- A swift path to citizenship for Dreamers.
- Supporting and protecting migrant workers and ensuring they are paying their fair share of taxes.
Public schools are the foundation of our success, yet they are severely underfunded here in Arizona and across the country.
Our community’s financial security depends on the education of our children. If we want to attract innovation and high-paying jobs to the Valley of the Sun, we must invest in our future talent.
Public schools are already struggling, and now we must also battle against Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos’ mission to shift federal funding away from public schools into voucher programs to support for-profit and religious schools.
- I will defend our public schools so our children have the skills to compete in the global economy.
- I will fight for free and affordable post-secondary educational options including trade programs.
- I will stand up for refinance programs for outstanding college debt.
The Digital Age
Our government lacks the spirit of innovation. We are lagging behind, slow to adapt to and adopt modern technologies. I will work to bring the notable advances of the private sector to the public sector and to educate representatives and voters on innovative tech solutions.
- I will fight for and defend the open internet. Net neutrality is vital to protect consumer access to the digital content and resources and to foster entrepreneurship and small business success. This open and fair system must be protected.
- I will explore how blockchain technologies can be used to make our cities smarter, safer and more efficient, while clarifying and simplifying current laws affecting the technology.
- I will work to expand public wi-fi. Information is the great equalizer and we must expand access to it.
99% of scientists agree, our climate is changing and humans are the cause. The environment is shared by us all and it is our collective responsibility to protect it for future generations.
- I will defend marginalized communities who too often bear the brunt of environmental degradation.
- I will expand the use of and increase investments in renewable energy.
- I will never support fracking and never put corporate profits ahead of the health of our state and our protected lands.
Closing the Gap
Research shows that female managers are highly effective; women CEOs deliver strong returns, yet women continue to fight to be equal at work.
Female college graduates earn an average of $10,400 less than males when starting their careers, and the divide continues all the way up the ladder.
This is not a feminist issue. Closing the pay gap is an economic and social issue that impacts our ability to succeed as a country. Women are leaving the workforce at an alarming rate. This is not talent we can afford to lose.
I will stand up for equal pay.
Protecting Our Families and Our Rights
We can and must be consistent with the Second Amendment and still protect our families from senseless violence. This protects responsible gun owners just as much as it does everyone. Let’s protect our rights by making sure they aren’t abused.
- I will fight for background checks for every person and every transaction, no excuses.
- I will work to end loopholes at gun shows for third party sellers.
- I will stand up to ban weapon accessories and augmentation that allow criminals to legally go around the law and endanger our families.
Our democracy can’t be for sale. The voice of the wealthiest cannot outweigh the voice of the rest of us combined.
I support overturning Citizens United and eliminating super PACs.
But that is not enough to preserve our Democracy.
- I will work to protect and expand voter rights and improve accessibility.
- I will work to ensure voting booths are secure from hacks by investing in encryption and blockchain technologies.
- I will fight for transparency so voters always know who is truly paying for the ads they see.
I will fight to end corruption and corporate influence over politicians and our political system.