A Pledge By Anita Malik | Fellow Constituent and Democratic Candidate for U.S. Congress in AZ-06
Our Democracy can’t be for sale, and our representatives must be beholden to us. I will fight to end corruption and corporate influence over our government and restore our voices in the process. I will honor the following commitments as your candidate, and if elected, as our representative in Congress.
As Your Candidate, I Will:
- Serve as Treasurer of our campaign, along with two co-treasurers and a compliance firm to ensure full accountability. I will be informed, involved and accountable.
- Offer continued transparency and refuse corporate PAC money.
- Hold constituent meetings to listen to your voice and empower our community.
As Our Representative, I Will:
- Hold quarterly town halls that address our district’s concerns and priorities.
- Post our office’s spending and budget priorities online for constituent review.
- Make my official schedule public to restore integrity to our office.
- Require extensive training and approval measures for our congressional staff to maintain high ethics and a culture of service to our constituents.
- Build a strong firewall between our campaign and congressional staff.
- Request a monthly internal review on contributions to ensure no undue influence on pending legislation.
- Meet with constituents and grassroots organizers to prioritize for our district’s needs, not corporate lobbyists in Washington.
- Utilize my background as a tech executive to strengthen constituent services.
As Our Lawmaker, I Will:
- Place a lifetime ban on lobbying for former members of Congress to end the revolving door.
- Require tax returns of elected and appointed officials during their tenure.
- Promote matching public funds for small donors and disclose dark money to empower our voices.
- End partisan gerrymandering and promote independent redistricting.
- Prohibit lawmakers from owning individual stocks and mandate a blind trust to eliminate conflicts of interest.
- Introduce a constitutional amendment that sets term limits, overturns Citizens United and eliminates SuperPACs.
- Establish automatic voter registration and secure our elections through blockchain and encryption technology and a paper ballot audit trail.